Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IP/TV and Firewall

I have a system with an IP/TV Content Manager, IP/TV Servers and IP/TV Viewers. Some of IP/TV Servers act as filing servers (they are used for On-demand Programs) while the remainig servers act as capture servers (they are used with scheduled programs). IP/TV Content Manager, Servers and Viewers are located in different sites. In Every site there is a Firewall.

Which are the ports (or the range ports) that I must open in the firewall so that the system work correctly???

2 REPLIES

Re: IP/TV and Firewall

Did you ever find out which ports to open? You should check your firewall logs to see what’s being denied. Let me know what ports you end up opening. We’re probably going to be putting IP/TV in our network soon.

Re: IP/TV and Firewall

IPTV media streams use the RTP port range - something between 1024 and 32757. 2 ports are used for each video program (1 for voice and 1 for video). Don't think its practical to open all ports ranges in your FW. You can administratively scope the port range used in CM preferences for the program. This will allow you to limit the open port ranges. As the media source will always be an IPTV server, you may also consider building an access list so that only IPTV servers can use those ports.

Views
Helpful
Replies