Views
Helpful
Replies

IP/VC 3520 gateway V.35 direct connect over WAN :problem

david.patterson
Level 1
Level 1

Layout as follows:

polycom(viewstation FX)--ip network--3520--v.35--dsu--V.35--dsu--V.35--accord MCU--V.35--polycom(viewstion FX)

MCU will not connect to gateway.

when going directly in v.35:

polycom(viewstation FX)----v.35--dsu--V.35--dsu--V.35--accord MCU--V.35--polycom(viewstion FX)

it works great.

I have set the gateway up to direct incoming call to the polycom unit using a default extension. I have set the gateway's TA to dedicated and DCD-CTRL. i've been working with TAC for days and they seemed to be stumped, any ideas?

5 Replies 5

bstremp
Level 2
Level 2

I would have your TAC engineer get some escalation people talking to their development teams. Based on the description you provided it should be working. This is a stumper…..Has anybody seen this? If no one else responds be sure to follow up with us when you get it solved! Good Luck

got it working...misconfig on local CSU...

rnemana
Level 1
Level 1

Hi David,

When you get to the accord via the 3520, you take IP (h.323) and encapsulate it in v.35. When it gets to the Accord, the v.35 must then be de-encapsulated and the IP must be presented to the Accord Bridge. The Accord in turn must be configured to accept H.323 calls (i.e. it must have a H.323 module ($ ka-ching)).

In your current case, you take IP, encapsulate in v.35, get it to the other side, then present the v.35 to the Bridge AS v.35. The problem here is that H.323 is what you use on the LAN and H.320 is what you use on WAN circuits... the two need a gateway to translate/ convert between them (or you need an H.323 blade on the Accord).

HTH

_Ravi

isn't the 3520 gateway converting between 320 & 323?

rtomlin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who is using the Accord bridge to support H.320 and H.323 clients. The Accord does the gateway function for them. We have had some problems during the cab exchange but most of the initial problems were resolved with software upgrades on the Accord and selecting the most stable clock to synchronize with.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: