cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP/VC with 3510 and 3525

droessler
Level 1
Level 1

I am going to be deploying an IP/VC solution with the following hardware: 3510 MCU, 3525 Gateway, PictureTEL 970 pacakage. In order to support legacy H.320 clients I have an ISDN PRI comming in. Does anyone have any information regarding what to look out for, or know issues, etc. Anything would be appreciated.

12 Replies 12

sachon
Level 1
Level 1

No known issues per se with the h/w you've chosen. All will interact nicely together. GK, dial-plan, inbound/outbound call strategies, network QoS, etc... among other things are relevant to consider in any H.323 install which you haven't mentioned...

Gentlemen,

I'm going to implement the same IPVC 3510 system too. Please let me know what does the PictureTEL 970 package do ? Looking up their web site but I'm not sure what does it provide. Thanks for reply.

Duc Vu

I have deployed the 3510 and 3520 with PictureTel 970. With the 3520, we got dial in problem on oversea call. Far end client won't be able to connect to the 3520 at least from locations in US, UK, Beijing and Japan. Dial out is fine except sometimes you don't get your channels right. On 3510, the system go nuts after around 1 to 2 hours of usage. The load at that time was below 25%(as read out from the LED and telnet). This is the first time I read this forum. I and my subordinates still trying to figure out the problem for months and I'm not getting the level of help I expected from Cisco. I'm starting to feel sorry for using the 35xx. It seems that if I purchase the system from RadVision, I shall get a better support. I'm so angry to write this email is that you said that the Cisco system have no known issue. Have you try the system?

Edward,

Unfortunately we have experienced the exact same problems as you have. We will be having (typically) a 4 site conference with three coming thru the GW and one H323 and after some time, the video will freeze, the calls will drop, and the 3510 will reboot. Cisco/Rad has replaced the box without any real help. I am fortunate in that I know some of the Rad people that provide the support and they have helped a lot. With regards to the Gateway, we have not had any problems, once we got it configured correctly. By the way, we run a 970I here any 2 970's and a VCON MC8000 in the field.

Paul,

Thank you for your input. I think the best support from them is the creation of this forum. I'll try to work with their representatives on the problems in next week. It is very difficult to troubleshoot transient failure. In particular, in our case, the problem stems from a far end connection. 35xx does not give you any diagnostic tools or I should say a more comprehensive log file. Prehaps I should hook up a protocol analyser to track the system.

Edward,

I forgot to mention that I am starting to suspect an interoperability problem in that one of the systems is a VCON. I seem to get some wierd log readings when I have it in a conference and have heard rumors of issues with them and the IPVC products. I will be testing this week (as soon as I can get the VCON back up), and will let you know what I find.

duc-vu
Level 1
Level 1

Also does it work behind Linux firewall in interactive mode ? Thanks again.

Duc Vu

duc-vu
Level 1
Level 1

Please advise with end camera vendors to use with this IPVC 3510. Thank you very much.

Duc Vu

PICTURETEL 970 COLLABORATIVE SYSTEM INCLUDES:

PICTURETEL 970 INCLUDES: COMPUTER SYSTEM W/ DEDICATED DSP-BASED BOARDS, PICTURETEL 80 CAMERA, POWERMIC, KEYBOARD, REMOTE, IMAGESHARE WHEN APPROPRIATE, BUNDLED CONFIGS INCLUDE CARTS AND 32/34" MONITORS

Sir,

Thank you very much for your reply. Have a good day.

Best regards,

Duc Vu

Hi David,

Sorry to bother you, I'd like to have a feed back from you about the IPVC system which you're deploying at your company. I learned that you have : 3510-MCU, 3525 GW-1P and PictureTel system for camera and monitor. What do you have for remote sites, i.e.,cameras, monitors and any IPVC equipments ? Thank you very much for your feedback.

Duc Vu

Currently, all remote sites (customers, branches and suppliers) are H.320 and will be comming into corporate HQ through the ISDN PRI. Plans to extend the H.323 capabilites to valued, long-term customers and branches is scheduled for FY02. We will use PictureTel at all sites.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: