Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IP2IP GW and No Ringback

Hi

I have a Cisco IP2IP GW connecting on one side to a service provider and the other side to a Cisco CM4.0 both with H323 the IP2IP GW is in flow through mode.

If a user calls in from the PSTN and hits an IP phone he gets ring back fine, if the phone user then answers the call and blind transfers the user to another ip phone the ip phone rings but the caller get not ringback, they do however get hold music if just put on hold.

I also have IOS MTP in CCM to get around the suplementry services issues with IP2IP gateways and CCM.

I assume the service provider should provide the ring back in this case, but we need to send a h225 alerting message to tell them to do it??

Hope someone can help as its driving me mad.

Andy

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
6 REPLIES
Silver

Re: IP2IP GW and No Ringback

Hi Andy,

I would try playing with 'Send H225 User Info Message' CCM service parameter. I believe setting it to 'H225 Info for Call Progress Tone' might solve your problem

Send H225 User Info Message :

This parameter specifies which message Cisco CallManager sends for the ringback tone or tone on hold. Valid values follow:

Use ANN for Ring Back: Use Cisco SCCP Annunciator to play ringback tone (available in Cisco CallManager release 4.0 and later)

User Info for Call Progress Tone: Send H.225 user information message to IOS gateway to play ringback tone or tone on hold (This is the default.)

H225 Info for Call Progress Tone: Send H.225 information message to IOS gateway to play ringback tone or tone on hold

Cisco CallManager Version 3.1 does not support the H.225 Information message, so choose 'User Info for Call Progress Tone' if you are using intercluster trunks and any of the clusters is running Cisco CallManager Version 3.1 or earlier. However, if all of the clusters are running Cisco CallManager 3.2(2a) or a later release, you can choose 'H225 Info for Call Progress Tone.'

This is a required field.

Default: User Info for Call Progress Tone.

Marina

Hi

Marina, thanks for your comments but i have tried this and it is still the same. Any other ideas?

Its causing me major issues as users think they have been cut off.

Andy

Silver

Hi Andy,

Try "progress_ind setup enable 3" and "tone ringback alert-no-PI" on your voip dial-peers

what ios version are you running?

Hi

This command is on all the Dial-Peer already.

IOS ver c2600-adventerprisek9_ivs-mz.124-3.bin

Andy

Silver

Hi

Yes i have seen that doc before and followed it.

It works fine if the call comes in on an ISDN gateway but when the calls if from an IP2IP GW so both ends are IP it does not work

Andy

Views
Helpful
Replies