Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IPCC agent on XP

I don't know if this is comon knowledge or not, but I was unable to find any info on this. I was having a hard time with loading the Supervisor and Agent Desktop clients on my XP machine. When they would load, the agent could not enter an active state and the supervisor would hang on "loading default team". I got the agent fixed by restarting the CRA engine but when I would load the agent locally, the supervisor desktop would load, but would not show any information about any agents (even my local one). What we found is that our XP workstation (which far exceedes the minimum requirements) comes with the "Internet Connection Firewall" settings on by default. This seems to stop the Supervisor Desktop from working completely. With this off, both the agent and supervisor clients work fine. If the engineers there could be made aware of this issue, then future XP headaches could be avoided. If this is comon knowledge, please excuse the redundancy.

Alan

1 REPLY

Re: IPCC agent on XP

Hi Alan,

Thanks so much for information. I have a client who was thinking of migrating their existing win98 agent desktop to winXP & had asked if CAD had any issue on winXP. And its not common knowledge I reckon.

Sean.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content