Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Blue

IPCC Enterprise CTIos Agent Rights

In order to get CTIos to work correctly I had to give Power User rights to all agents as opposed to just User rights. I have since found out the rights needed for CTIos so I do not have to have them be power users. See excerpt below:

CTIOS 51. requires the following rights for agents:

1) Registry read/write access to HKCU/Software/Cisco Systems. and HKLM/Software/Cisco Systems.

This can be granted via regedt32 for specific users if permissions are not sufficient.

2) for log file creation, users need the permission to create and write files. By default Client Log files are created in the location of the executables (default is C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\CTIOS Client\CTIOS Desktop Phones). This can be changed by manipulating the registry key "TraceFileName" at

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems\Ctios\Logging

It usually reads : CtiosClientLog

Changing it for example to d:\logs\CtiosClientLog

will force logfiles to be written at d:\logs

Logging can be disabled (which removes this requirement) by erasing all keys under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems\Ctios\Logging. However, this is not recommended since logs are required for trouble shooting and other purposes

adignan - <font color="blue">berbee</font>

Views
Helpful
Replies