Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IPCC Enterprise, what type of answer i get for an Outbound call

sorry for my bad english can i ask a question about Cisco IPCC Enterprise solution?

We have intalled in one of our customer Cisco Call Manager an IPIVR and ICM.

We have the need to make an outbound campaing from our call center, and we want to recognize

if the outbound call is answered by an IVR, by a FAx o there is a busy tone, o a customer answer the

call.

This is a sort of call analisys, i have seen from the cisco site that there is a component called "outbound

option" this component can do that?

There is a way in icm, via the ctiOS and a client aplication written on purpose to discover vhat type of answer

i receive to my call?

Thank you for all help

1 REPLY
Green

Re: IPCC Enterprise, what type of answer i get for an Outbound c

The Cisco Outbound Option schedules calls to be placed by the Dialer from "phones" of type "Cisco VIP 30" to customers. When the customer answers the call is transferred to an agent who has been "nailed" by a special type of reservation call. Preview dialing and non-preview dialing (with overdialing, a.k.a "predictive") can be performed.

If the customer is busy or does not answer, the call can be rescheduled for a configurable time later for a configurable number of retries. Standard stuff.

If the call is answered, the system cannot differentiate between a human, an answering machine, an IVR, a FAX machine, a modem and so on. The call has been answered and that's that.

This sort of detection needs to be added via DSP in the voice gateway. The decision needs to be then communicated to the CallManager and then made available through events in Cisco's JTAPI. Until this is completed the Outbound Option will be considered by many to be deficient.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content