Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPCC Express 3.1 how to pass CED data to the agent desktop

Hello,

We have set up our lab ICD and all works fine. Now we are starting to develop application to demo our customers. We want a simple application that receives the customer account number and present this data to the agent. We have the script made and working, asking for the data and storing it in variables, but we don't find how to pass this variable to the CAD using Enterprise Data.

Can someone please explain shortly how to accomplish this?

Thanks a lot,

Alfonso Hidalgo

Cystelcom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Re: IPCC Express 3.1 how to pass CED data to the agent desktop

Hi,

You will have to use the 'Set Enterprise Server Data' step for this. Before you use this step make sure you create some user defined Enterprise variables in the Desktop Administrator.

Go through the folloing information:

Use the Set Enterprise Server Data step to set the specified Enterprise Server field to the provided value.

Enterprise Data Type: The numeric data type of the value to be set

Enterprise Data Value: The actual value of the data type

Set Enterprise Server Data

To use the Set Enterprise Server Data customizer window to set the numeric data type and the actual value of the data type, perform the following procedure:

Procedure

Step 1 In the Enterprise Data Type field, enter a value directly or take one of the following actions:

• From the Enterprise Data Type drop-down menu, choose the variable that stores the numeric data type of the value you want to set.

• Click the Expression Editor (...) button and enter an expression that specifies the numeric data type of the value you want to set.

Step 2 In the Enterprise Data Value field, enter a value directly or take one of the following actions:

• From the Enterprise Value Type drop-down menu, choose the variable that stores the actual value of the data type you want to set.

• Click the Expression Editor (...) button and enter an expression that specifies the actual value of the data type you want to set.

Step 3 Click OK.

The Set Enterprise Server Data customizer window closes, and the name of the enterprise data type appears next to the Set Enterprise Server Data step icon in the Design pane of the CRA Editor.

All the above needs to be done in the Script Editor, once you have this setup, make sure you configure the Desktop Administrator to push this data to the Agents Desktop.

Hope that helps,

Aslam.

6 REPLIES
Bronze

Hi,

You will have to use the 'Set Enterprise Server Data' step for this. Before you use this step make sure you create some user defined Enterprise variables in the Desktop Administrator.

Go through the folloing information:

Use the Set Enterprise Server Data step to set the specified Enterprise Server field to the provided value.

Enterprise Data Type: The numeric data type of the value to be set

Enterprise Data Value: The actual value of the data type

Set Enterprise Server Data

To use the Set Enterprise Server Data customizer window to set the numeric data type and the actual value of the data type, perform the following procedure:

Procedure

Step 1 In the Enterprise Data Type field, enter a value directly or take one of the following actions:

• From the Enterprise Data Type drop-down menu, choose the variable that stores the numeric data type of the value you want to set.

• Click the Expression Editor (...) button and enter an expression that specifies the numeric data type of the value you want to set.

Step 2 In the Enterprise Data Value field, enter a value directly or take one of the following actions:

• From the Enterprise Value Type drop-down menu, choose the variable that stores the actual value of the data type you want to set.

• Click the Expression Editor (...) button and enter an expression that specifies the actual value of the data type you want to set.

Step 3 Click OK.

The Set Enterprise Server Data customizer window closes, and the name of the enterprise data type appears next to the Set Enterprise Server Data step icon in the Design pane of the CRA Editor.

All the above needs to be done in the Script Editor, once you have this setup, make sure you configure the Desktop Administrator to push this data to the Agents Desktop.

Hope that helps,

Aslam.

Thanks Aslam. I'll try this on Monday and will let you know.

Regards,

Alfonso

I have it working now. Thanks a lot.

The problem I had was to identify the Enterprise Data Type in the node Set Enterprise Server Data with the number in the Field Index on the Field Editor in the Enterprise Data Configuration of the Cisco Desktop Administration tool.

Regards,

Alfonso Hidalgo

My script:

under the menu to select resource I have a set command to set variable "menusel" to a value of 2 if they select 2 on menu. "menusel" is set as an integer.

I want to then do your step 1,2 and 3.

I want to take the value of "menusel" and place it in variable "caller" which is also an integer

"Caller" is what I want displayed on the agent desktop.

Set enterprise data type = menusel

set enterprise data value = caller , at this point I get error message - "Expected java.lang.String while actual is:java.lang.Integer

If I make "caller" a string the error message is "Expected java.lang.Integer while actual is:java.lang.Interger". Any help would be appreciated. I am running 3.1

Hi,

The problem is with the Set Enterprise Data Type. Probably what you have to put there is a number, let's say "1" and then configure the data on the Administrator tool with type 1. You also need to put the data on the layout so the agent can see it.

Hope this helps.

Bronze

Hi,

First you need to define variables in the Cisco Desktop Administrator, under the Enterprize Data Configuration, to add a new variable, you need to enter a Field Index and a Field Name.

Once done with this, configure this variable to be pushed to the agent desktop.

Now coming to the Script Editor, in the Set Enterprise Data, for Type put the Field Index ( that u set on Desktop Administrator ) and then under the Value put the variable which contains the value that you need to set.

Hope that helps.

Aslam

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content