Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Gold

IPCC Express 3.1 - Need to transfer to a specific ICD agent

I'm interested in transferring ICD calls directly to a specific agent if they're available, based on the results of a database lookup. I want calls to be "sticky" to the last agent a caller worked with. I have the agent's resourceID (username) from a database lookup.

I've tried a few things, overriding the resourceID in the ICD Connect step, and also just using Call Redirect with their extension, and these both sort of work. The problem is that none of the Enterprise Data bits follow the call, which then means I can't run the client-side macros that I want to run based on that information. Furthermore, the Set Enterprise Data step help says that it can only be used after a Select Resource step, and if I just run a throwaway Select Resource step it leaves some other agent in the queue hung in Reserved. So, I'm kind of screwed.

My last resort is going to end up being having a skill and a CSQ for every individual agent, and I'll just transfer the caller into that agent's own CSQ. That's ugly, however, and I'm wondering if anybody else has solved this in a cleaner manner.

It would also be ideal if I could find a way to stuff my resourceID string into a User variable, so I could use the Get User Info step to fetch their spoken name. The only thing I can see that populates a User variable from a script is the Name to User step, which is not what I want. I imagine this is possible via custom Java scripting, but my Java-fu is not strong.

6 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: IPCC Express 3.1 - Need to transfer to a specific ICD agent

Check the below link for transfer to a specific ICD agent in IPCC Express 3.1

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/78/ipccreporting.html

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/78/ipcc_trouble.html#post_route

Gold

I thank you for taking the time to research the issue. However, neither of those links seem to cover anything regarding procedures for direct transfer to specific agents, and they both apply to IPCC as in ICM, not to IPCC Express.

Blue

Hey jasyoung. So if you do the following...

Select Resource

DB Read

DB Get (get correct resourceid)

DB Release

Set resourceid == new resourceid

Set Enterprise Data...

Connect

The Enterprise Data is not sent to the agent?

berbee

Gold

No, or at least not reliably. I think it worked a couple of times, but I attributed that to Select Resource happening to pick the same resource my database dip picked out. Also, it had the exceptionally nasty side-effect of leaving the agent picked by Select Resource hung in Reserved indefinitely.

Based on the help for the Set Enterprise Server Data step saying "You must perform this after a Select Resource", I think that there is internal ICD state that is not visible to an application developer. I don't know what to do about this.

Blue

I spoke with a Cisco CRS Developer and he said the ONLY way to accomplish this correctly is to use the separate CSQ's per agent...blahhh Anyway, below is some info to see if you can even configure a csq per agent:

On the 7845 Platform, CRS will support:

150 Agents

250 IVR Ports

75 CSQs

100 Skills

30 Supervisors

On a non 7845 Platform, CRS will support:

75 Agents

25 CSQs

50 Skills

10 Supervisors

In addition,

. Each agent will not associate with more than 25 CSQs.

. Each agent will not associate with more than 50 skills.

. Each CSQ will not associate with more than 50 skills.

. A call should not queue for more than 25 CSQs.

adignan - berbee

Gold

Yeah, that was basically the conclusion I had come to before posting. I've tried it out and it works mostly, but you have to be very careful because if the agent userID doesn't exist as a CSQ, most (all?) CSQ-touching steps throw exceptions I can't figure out how to catch (they don't appear to be on the On Exception Goto list). My database dip can return userIDs that aren't necessarily part of the ICD group and I need to handle that appropriately, either by catching and dealing with exceptions, or by maintaining a seperate database with valid ICD users, or perhaps dipping into the relevant db_CRS tables directly.

This problem might be more directly attackable by building a custom CRS step. I've spent some time snooping around in some of the Java classes that make up CRS and the Enterprise Data subsystem, and it looks as though one might be able to make calls directly into some of those classes. I will follow up to this thread if I get anywhere with it.

Views
Helpful
Replies