Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IPCC Express and SRST

Have a Failover configuration question.

In the design I have IPCC Express at a remote location from where the Call Managers are but connected via a High Speed MAN. Customer is concerned about redundancy for IPCC if this MAN should be disconnected.

Can SRST on a router at the remote be used or do I need an additional subscriber at the remote?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: IPCC Express and SRST

Where are the calls coming from? i.e. Where is the gateway?

If it's local to where the IPCC and agents are then existing calls will stay up, but that's all. If the customer wants the call center to keep working, then yes you need a subscriber at that location too.

The other option is a redundant circuit, depending on the capacity required, for voice only it may be cost effective.

2 REPLIES

Where are the calls coming from? i.e. Where is the gateway?

If it's local to where the IPCC and agents are then existing calls will stay up, but that's all. If the customer wants the call center to keep working, then yes you need a subscriber at that location too.

The other option is a redundant circuit, depending on the capacity required, for voice only it may be cost effective.

Thanks. The gateway is local but it looks like the additional call manager is needed.

Views
Helpful
Replies