Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IPCC Express Archetecture Question

I have a question on the Implementation Archetecture for IPCC Express.

I need to be clear on the voice path that is taken during an Agent's call.

Call comes in from the PSTN to a gateway device.

Gateway sends called number to Call Manager.

Call Manager determines call should be sent to IPCC Express Server port

Gateway establishes RTP stream to IPCC Express server for IVR processing.

IPCC Express determines that the call should go to an Agent number

IPCC Express asks Call Manager for a connection to the desired Phone.

So far I think this is all good, but here is where I need to be sure of things.

Once the Agent picks up the call, is the RTP stream now going directly from the Gateway to the Phone OR

is there two RTP streams, one from the Gateway to the IPCC Server and one from the Server to the phone for the duration of the call.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Re: IPCC Express Archetecture Question

You know, I've been wondering about this too, so I devised a little test in the lab. CM1, IPCCE1, PhoneA, PhoneB, Desktop Agent. Set everything up and dialed into the queue from PhoneA. I used the desktop agent to pickup the call (PhoneB) and verified two way voice. Went into Appadmin and stopped the IPCC Express engine and my call was still connected. So this leads me to believe that IPCC Express is no longer involved and you would just have your two RTP streams between the phone and the gateway. Please note, in the example above, you would have 2 RTP streams or 4 RTP streams, each individual direction of the call is it's own stream.

So I figured, that that was fine and good, but what about powering off the server so that all communication to the IPCC Express server was down. Same thing, phone call is still up after a couple of minutes. From this I would conclude that in your scenario above you would only be talking between the gateway and the phone and the IPCC Express server would be out of the conversation.

Rick

3 REPLIES
Bronze

You know, I've been wondering about this too, so I devised a little test in the lab. CM1, IPCCE1, PhoneA, PhoneB, Desktop Agent. Set everything up and dialed into the queue from PhoneA. I used the desktop agent to pickup the call (PhoneB) and verified two way voice. Went into Appadmin and stopped the IPCC Express engine and my call was still connected. So this leads me to believe that IPCC Express is no longer involved and you would just have your two RTP streams between the phone and the gateway. Please note, in the example above, you would have 2 RTP streams or 4 RTP streams, each individual direction of the call is it's own stream.

So I figured, that that was fine and good, but what about powering off the server so that all communication to the IPCC Express server was down. Same thing, phone call is still up after a couple of minutes. From this I would conclude that in your scenario above you would only be talking between the gateway and the phone and the IPCC Express server would be out of the conversation.

Rick

Thanks for the excellent and thorough test. That certainly answers that question.

Bronze

Just FYI, the process that is used to de-queue the caller is a simple Consult-Transfer. That is, IPCCE presses the transfer button, dials the agent extension, waits for the agent to answer then presses transfer again to complete the transfer.

Views
Helpful
Replies