Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IPCC Express Media Termination Point CCM configuration

Hi all,

We are setting up our IPCC Express 3.0.3 laboratory with CCM 3.3.3. We have all configured and working on the IP phones 7940 (agents and supervisors). We want now to configure CAD with media termination. We have tried various configurations without success.

Could someone point me to a document describing such a configuration or explain me the steps to make it work? We are most interested on how to configure both CCM and ICD.

Thanks and best regards,

Alfonso Hidalgo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: IPCC Express Media Termination Point CCM configuration

Attached are the highlights I use to configure a desktop agent without MT. I will attach the link for the agent install w/ MT.

CCM

---

1. Configure the Route-Point and CTI Ports for the ICD application

2. Associate the Route-Point/CTI Port DN's with the ICD (JTAPI) User in ccmuser

3. Install the software from the \\\DESKTOP_CFG\desktop\InstallManager -f \\\DESKTOP_CFG\desktop\AdvancedManager.cfg ** Make sure you have A. a net use statement to \\\desktop_cfg with a user that has permissions to R/W to this directory B. The PC you are installing this on must have name to IP connectivity for your CCM's and your ICD server

(If I was configuring for non media termination I would associate my username CCMuser to my queue line number and select it as the ICD extension. Then I would associate this same extension under the RM-ICD user with no primary/icd extension)

4. Assuming the JTAPI/ICD/Cisco Media subsystems are configured... Create your CMT Group, Call Control Group, Script, and then tie it together via the application/jtapi trigger

5. Create ICD Resource Group and CSQ. Then I would make sure my user appeared in the Resources section. I would then apply the correct resource group to that user.

6. VIA Desktop Administrator I would create the Teams, and how the agents software would appear.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_3_0/english/admn_app/install.pdf

HTH,

Mike

3 REPLIES

Attached are the highlights I use to configure a desktop agent without MT. I will attach the link for the agent install w/ MT.

CCM

---

1. Configure the Route-Point and CTI Ports for the ICD application

2. Associate the Route-Point/CTI Port DN's with the ICD (JTAPI) User in ccmuser

3. Install the software from the \\\DESKTOP_CFG\desktop\InstallManager -f \\\DESKTOP_CFG\desktop\AdvancedManager.cfg ** Make sure you have A. a net use statement to \\\desktop_cfg with a user that has permissions to R/W to this directory B. The PC you are installing this on must have name to IP connectivity for your CCM's and your ICD server

(If I was configuring for non media termination I would associate my username CCMuser to my queue line number and select it as the ICD extension. Then I would associate this same extension under the RM-ICD user with no primary/icd extension)

4. Assuming the JTAPI/ICD/Cisco Media subsystems are configured... Create your CMT Group, Call Control Group, Script, and then tie it together via the application/jtapi trigger

5. Create ICD Resource Group and CSQ. Then I would make sure my user appeared in the Resources section. I would then apply the correct resource group to that user.

6. VIA Desktop Administrator I would create the Teams, and how the agents software would appear.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_3_0/english/admn_app/install.pdf

HTH,

Mike

Thanks Mike,

I did everything and checked all twice but that did not resolve the issue with the agent with media termination.

I found that the file regMTPM.bat was not working on the system (Spanish XP Pro), so I run MediaTerminationProcMonitor.exe -RegServer on the IPMedia directory and now it works fine.

Regards,

Alfonso

Great Buddy!!

Views
Helpful
Replies