cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Issues #2

SEAN NILSEN
Level 4
Level 4

We have a CCM 3.1.2c (migrating to 3.1.3 on one week) with separate servers for IPCC setup (ICM, IPIVR, etc.)

We have gone through a farily lengthy process of trying to figure out how to configure our Calling Search Spaces, and how IPCC handles call routing and connections.

We have all of our on-cluster calls working perfectly. PSTN calls reach the correct queues, internal callers can reach them as well.

The problem now is that we have the infamous "Cluster B" (there is also a C and a D btw)connected via InterCluster trunks, and I can not seem to get a call to complete properly to the IPCC across the ICT. Looks like this: ClusterB -> Gatekeeper -> ClusterA

I know my Gatekeeper config is AOK because the CTI Route Points are in the same range as the extensions and those calls complete properly. I also redirected the CTI Route Point in question to a line appearance and that worked.

I tried changing codec to g.711, and back to g.729 with no effect. The only way I can make this work is that once the call is received on ClusterA, to force it through a "hard gateway", 6608 with a PRI looped into another PRI port.

When I do that, the calls complete properly and I go into queue.

Anybody have this working? or, anybody know of another workaround?

2 Replies 2

SEAN NILSEN
Level 4
Level 4

ok, so after doing some more troublshooting...

the gateway in cluster A was configured to do g.711 to devices that live in the IPCC region, which all the IPCC and associated devices are.

the problem was that cluster B was configured for g.729 through the whole cluster. When I change the region the gateway lives in to g.711 it starts working.

Any ideas when IVR is going to support g.729?

IPCC Express supports g729 in 3.1. When you build the IPCC server you have to choose the codec type of either g711 or g729 but not both. I have had s simular issue when transcoding to g729 was needed.

Have you had any complaints about the quality of calls into the IVR or ICD Q?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: