Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IPCC - Missed Call Agent not ready

Hello

We have three departments using our IPCC Server. One has recently complained about missing a call and their phone gets put in Not Ready State.

I found this post:

Go to the SubsystemRMCM.properties file under c:\program files\wfavvid folder. Verify the following setting. Line: agentUnavailRNA=true

If it is false you will need to change it to True and restart the engine.

Can you tell me if this is correct? If I change it to false/true will this stop the phones from switching thier state only on a missed call?

Secondly, if this is the fix, I'm assuming this change is for the entire server and not the individual Que. Can I change it just for the phones who connect to the specific Que?

Thanks

Ash

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: IPCC - Missed Call Agent not ready

Hi Ash,

Here is the actual doc that explains the procedures for changing this setting (only for missed calls). It is different depending on whether you are on IPCC 3x or 4x;

Change Agent State to "Ready" After Not Answering a Call

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_qanda_item09186a0080227b1b.shtml

Note: This modification changes the setting for all agents. You cannot configure the setting differently for the individual agents because support for this feature is not available. In an extreme situation, if there is only one agent in the Ready state, the specific call which the lone agent did not answer previously continues to queue to the lone agent in a recursive manner until the agent answers the call or logs out.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Hey Thanks

I'll give this a try.

Hello again

So we are thinking more about implementing the above solution. I do have a couple of questions/concerns if we do the implementation:

1. If there is only 1 agent logged in and available, the call will be released to the agent, the agent then misses the call, the call goes back to the Que, the Que checks for available agents and sees this agent is still ready and releases the call again. This would mean the agents phone will continuously ring until he answers it correct? The call will never remain in the Que?

2. Is there a way to set up the que so that all calls remain in the que until the agent decides to pick up the call? I found this doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a00801c82ea.shtml

and was wondering about Figure 3. If I set the connect radio button to NO. Then I need to create the seperate Trigger Contact. However the "Selected" parameter is not found in IPCC 4.03 build 080. This document is for IPCC 3.

I'm not even sure if changing the Connect radio button is what I'm looking for?

Thanks

Ash

Views
Helpful
Replies