Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IPCC position in skillgroup queue

Hello

The following environment is used: IPCC 5.0, Cisco Agent Desktop for IPCC 4.6, CM 3.3(3), IP-IVR 3.1(2)

In case no agents are available the caller must hear a message like "you are the 4th in queue", followed my music, decreasing until the caller is routed to an available agent.

I could not find a realtime ICM variable like "position in queue", which I can pass from the ICM script to the IVR script to play the proper prompt. Skillgroup variables like RouterCallsQNow is not the one I need, .

As this is a common requirement in callcenter world and I do not want to reinvent the wheel I suppose there must be some standard way of solving this.

Thanks

1 REPLY
Blue

Re: IPCC position in skillgroup queue

I don't think there is a variable for this in the ICM Script editor. However, what I have done in the past is check to see how many calls are in queue before they hit the queue and add one to that. You can then announce their position in queue. Obviously, it gets sticky from there if you need to announce it again but the first time it should be correct. This isn't the best option but at the moment it may be your only option (unless you want to announce Estimated Wait Time instead of position in queue).

Views
Helpful
Replies