Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IPCC Redirect to User Voicemail

I've got an issue in an ICD script that I can't get figured out. My client has a Menu selection in their ICD prompts and one of the options is to be transferred to a specific user voice mail account. On my Call Manager I have a CTI Route Point setup as *1XXX that allows me from an IP phone to transfer directly to any users Voicemail by dialing * and their extension. What I would like to do on this menu branch in my ICD script is to do a call redirect to this an extension as say *1500. If I put this in as a string variable "*1500" in the script I hear 5 beeps on the phone and then get an Invalid branch for the redirect.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong here? I can set a redirect at this point to the extension as a string, "1500", and it will transfer to the extension. If I add the asterisk to it though, "*1500", it fails. From an IP phone if I dial *1500 I am transferred directly into that users voicemail.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: IPCC Redirect to User Voicemail

Thanks for the quick reply Andy. That did indeed fix my issue. I probably should have thought of that but I was in problem solving mode and not seeing the big picture.

So any idea what the issue was? Did the IPCC script just not like the asterisk being passed in the script as part of the extension?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES
Blue

Unfortunately (and I have verified this with the Cisco CRS team) you cannot redirect to an extension with an "*" it. Here is what I did to gett around it:

1. Follow the directions here (which I am sure you did to get the *XXXX transfer to vm working from the phones. However, this time add a twist. Instead of using "*" find a two digits (or 3 or 4) that you are not using anywhere else in your dialplan. For example, in the document below anywhere you would place "*" use 8888 instead. After you are through, you can test by going to a phone and hitting 8888XXXX and you will go directly to that persons voicemail. Then in your redirect you would send the call to 8888XXXX and you will be good to go. (You do not need to remove the functionality of using *XXXX to transfer directly to voicemail, you will just have two ways of doing it)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800dea82.shtml

/andy - berbee

Thanks for the quick reply Andy. That did indeed fix my issue. I probably should have thought of that but I was in problem solving mode and not seeing the big picture.

So any idea what the issue was? Did the IPCC script just not like the asterisk being passed in the script as part of the extension?

Thanks.

Blue

Yup. That is it exactly. You cannot use the redirect step to send a call to an extension with a * in it. This is supposed to be addressed and I have not tested it with CRS 3.5 yet.

/andy - berbee

The reason you hear "beeps" with a "*" or "#" prefix on your extension is that this is actually the DTMF output of the digits. This is used for PSTN "Take Back and Transfer" type functionality, if the carrier supports it.

- Bill

- Bill
Views
Helpful
Replies