Cisco Support Community
Community Member

IPCC soft agents/MTP and CallManager load/weight

Folks, I've just completed a design for an IPCC customer that is intensely interested in using the soon-t0-be-available soft agent/MTP agent and avoid hard IP phones in their call center. Since the number of agents was low, this didn't present any load issues with the CMs that I included in the design.

However, I see a problem in the future when the number of agents increases significantly. Specifically, the device weight chart for the CM states that, while an MTP session only takes up three weight units, the CM is limited to 48 of these per server.

Am I reading this chart correctly? If so, are any enhancements anticipated to the CM so that more MTP sessions can be supported on a single CM box?

If I'd had a 150 agent per center load, I would have had to go to five CMs per site (1 pub + 4 subs), which skyrockets the per-seat cost of the installation.

Re: IPCC soft agents/MTP and CallManager load/weight

Since there has been no response to your post, it appears to be either too complex or too rare an issue for other forum members to assist you. If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to speak with a design engineer at your local Cisco office or reseller or contact our product information line at 1-800-553-NETS.

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

CreatePlease to create content