cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Translation Route Calculation

Mike Garrity
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have a good calculation for determining the number of translation routes needed in IPCC? The ones I've seen say we need only 1 for a 1000-2000 BHCA volume, which is NOT correct.

2 Replies 2

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have not known of a Calculation since being at Cisco for Translation Routes. But I have been attempting with some success so far to come up with one.

With that said the Calculation I am working on Depends on many things that Can be approximated but should be sampled for accurancy. In short..

A Translation Route contains Peripheral Targets/DNIS's. These PT/DNIS are what needs to be Sized when someone asks the question like you have about Translation Routes. So In order to determin how many PT/DNIS should be built for A Translation Route one should have a sampling of :

Call Rate

Duration of PT/DNIS usage

Interval between PT/DNIS usage

If I have some of this data I can help you a bit.. but I don't have my Calculation Tool in a format to give out currently as it is still being tested.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can assist with anything else.

Consider an IPCC environment.

The IVR ports cost money so the customer decides on how many they want according to how many calls in queue they wish to support.

Since translation routes are essentially free, one could configure the same number of PDNs (and translation routes) as IVR ports, and then be sure. Obviously this is over the top, but by how much?

What I feel would be useful would be some sort of yardstick. Can 4 translation routes typically service 10 IVR ports? Can 10 translation routes typically service 25 IVR ports?

If there are N translation routes configured and N+1 calls arrive at exactly the same time, will one of the calls get a busy signal because there are no translation routes left? If so, then any guesstimate is still subject to a failure scenario under peak loads.