cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC upgrade from 3.5.3 to 3.5.4 questions

walteryork
Level 1
Level 1

I am planning to upgrade IPCC from ver 3.5.3 to 3.5.4. We already have the 9 CD's from Cisco. I read the instructions found at http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_3_5/english/admn_app/gs35.pdf

However, I am confused with a certain portion regarding the upgrade...

1. It shows in the instructions that I will have to select the features needed to install such as monitoring etc... but I was told by someone else that if I enter the correct information for the callmanager, that it would automatically populate the needed settings for install and I can just choose defaults.

How was the upgrade for others that performed this? Would you consider taking the time to explain the options you chose during the upgrade process and what I should be prepared to customize?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

1 Reply 1

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

what features are available for install always depends on the license and not the callmanager. Looks like the info that was given to you was incorrect. Also, keep in mind that CM does not have to be pre-configured before the install so the install would not check as to what is configured on the CM and which feature to be installed. Not to forget this can be used with 3rd party PBX, therefore the process of checking with CallManager would not be valid as it is not always used.

The best method to go through with any install or upgrade would be to stick to the install/upgrade document as that is tested and the only supported method by TAC/BU.

Hope this answers your questions.

PS: Please rate Helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: