Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IPCC working in different time zone

Hi,

we have a call center in Germany and another one in the USA. The problem is they are working in different time zones. So the central controller and the CCM-PG1 is located in Germany and the other CCM-PG2 is located in the USA. So all the calls got the time from germany (CC). First problem is the reporting in WebView, for the USA calls WebView shows the German time. Because of the different time zones the call routing is very difficult.

Normally i can define weekend (Sa&Su) in the scripts via the day node, but if in Germayn it's Saturday in the USA it's still friday evening.

Possibly we have to work with a user variable and create in the script a set node. There we can check the actual date and fill the variable with the actual date - the time differnce? But how to setup this? How do you deal with different time zones?

kind regards

Markus

2 REPLIES

Re: IPCC working in different time zone

Just confirming that the Central Controller is set to Germany time and time zone, the PG and CCM Cluster in Germany is set to (local) Germany time and time zone and the USA PG and CCM Cluster is set to (local) USA time and time zone?

The Central Controller can be at any time in the world that you desire as long as it is the same for both SideA and Side B. The PGs should always be the local time zone of the call center for the reasons that you describe. If you are using Win2k and MDS time sync is disabled please make sure that your domain controllers have a good time source as well.

I suspect a date/time or time zone issue on the servers is more at play here than a fault in ICM.

Re: IPCC working in different time zone

Hi Jeff,

youre right, the CC is set to the German time and time zone and the German PG and the CCM Cluster(PG1) are also set to the German time and time zone. The USA PG (PG2) and the CCM in the USA are set to the local USA time and time zone.

But I think I still have the problem that the calls are all labled by the CC time. The calls from the German PG should get the German time im WebView Reporting and the Calls fom the USA PG should get the USA time.

So that i can use an WebView report for calls between 7AM-5AM for SG USA and also all calls for German between 7AM-5PM local time. But I think I have to setup the Report for SG USA from 1PM-11PM

to get the calls which arrived from local time 7AM-5PM in the USA.

Also if I setup an ICM routing script which route calls between 7AM-5PM (local time) for both SGs. I have to define for the german SG from 7AM-7PM and for the German SG i have to convert the time like in WebView 1PM-11PM?? right?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content