Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC4.0.1 time problem

gniryaev
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have some problem with Clock-time on IPCC standard application. I can see that the time of the server is O.K , but the time of Application is 3 hours before ( I see it in MIVR log)

How can I sincronize this time?

George

11 Replies 11

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

the best way to synchronize time among network connected devices is with an NTP server. (network time protocol)

you can use a windows server or cisco router to act as the NTP server.

then you just point all devices that can use NTP to the source, which is the server or router configured as the NTP server.

see this link for more info on NTP:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk869/tk769/technologies_white_paper09186a0080117070.shtml

Hi

The NTP is configured and working properly,

the time of the Server is O.K,

but the time of the IPCC is 3 hours before

I can see it on "time-of-theDate" step,

also In MIVR-log, and RealTimeReport under - make a printable report.

Have you checked that you set the proper timezone for all machines? That's the most common reason to be X hours off.. you get your correct time from an NTP server, but then the application adds / subtracts a number of hours due to the NTP time being UTC and you having set a different timezone.

Hi

Yes I check it

More that that it worked properly

and after the Restart - Servers time is O.K

but aplication time is not

George

Did you fix the problem? I get the same issue, IPCC application follows GMT while local system is EST. I opened Cisco case, and they have no clue as well.

Wei

Hi

What is the version of IPCC?

Where is this system located?

which timezone?

We use IPCCX 4.0(4), they all locate in Hamilton, Customer data center, in Eastern Time (GMT -5). All system time is correct, however IPCC application uses GMT. I follow Cisco suggestion and did controlled reboot of all servers, and didn't help.

I wonder how you got yours fixed.

Wei

what about the CCM?

If this is 4.1.3

So- Put the timezone of the IPCC and CCM(the appliction time)

To the different timezone on the same GMT-5

I did it in this way and it's working fine

Appreciate your quick response. Yes, CCM is 4.13. you said to set CCM application time to different time zone, I don't see time zone setting in CCM, is it system time zone of CCM servers?

Wei

I mean not a Server timezone

A CCM under System->Date/Time Group-> CMLocal

Maybe you don't need it at all,

First set the timezone of IPCC to different timezone name

The is a BUG on IPCC 4.0 with a lot of timezones !!!!

Ok, My problem is different. I used "tzedit.exe" to adjust daylight saving time last week, this causes Java can't read time zone correctly, and revert to GMT. According to Cisco document, Java update is also available. See the URL.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1973/products_field_notice09186a008076fca2.shtml

Wei