Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCCE 3.1.2 "set priority" question

cklement
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a situation where a subset of the call center agents service a "gold support" line in addition to other product specific Qs. (i.e. people who have payed extra for support) This line is serviced by a seperate Q. If I set calls entering this Q to a higher priority, will the agent always service this call first? Even if people have been waiting longer in other Qs?

To summarize: Is the scope of "set priority" only within a queue, or across multiple queues?

5 Replies 5

venkasub
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Priority Queuing - The Set Priority step can be used to assign a priority (1 to 10), or increase it/decrease it. This allows for a given Contact (eg. caller) to be given higher/lower priority than other contacts that are in the same queue. In other words, reflects contact's priority for all CSQ's for which it is queued.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Venkat

So, the implication is that if there are 2 calls in different Q's both serviced by the same agent, that set priority does not affect which call will be serviced first.

Hi,

What if I had about 25 VIPs that needed to have the highest priority. How can the Set Priority be able to reference those 25 "caller IDs"?

Thanks

Lee

Any number of ways. you could create a huge "switch" statement, looking for each of those numbers.

A slightly better solution would be to create a database table or XML file with their numbers listed in it and do a lookup against that from your application.

A better solution would be to just publish a "gold" phone number that only they know about. what service level will you give them if they are calling from home or when they are on the road in a hotel room and not at their normal number.

Thanks.. that very scenario was just presented to me. I think what I'll do is setup a "hidden" key within my welcome menu, and that key will direct the VIP callers (from any number) to a pre-designated Queue, with the highest priority.

Lee