Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IPMA and 7940s for managers

Cisco's documentions states IPMA works with 7960's. Is this just for the Assistants or do the managers also require 7960s?

Thanks

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES

Re: IPMA and 7940s for managers

Hi,

Well is not really a cool idea to use 7940 for manager or assistance phone in IPMA but you may be able to get away with using the 7940 for the manager but you can't for the assistance.

For assistant you need more line than is available on 7940 you need a minimum of 4 line sper manager i.e Assistant DN, Manager proxy line, Manager intercom speed dial and assistant incoming intercom line. This negates the use of 7940 already.

This would change howver in ccm version 3.3.3

To use 7940 for manager phone which requires minimum 3 line i.e Manager DN, incoming intercom line and speedial to assistance intercom line.

You need to

1. creat e a partition e.g PT_PLAR and a calls erach space CSS_PLAR which contains only partion PT_PLAR.

2. then creat a translation partter with null entry inthe translation but out the assistance DN in the prefix field for the called number.

3. Attach the Manager intercom line 2 for incoming intercom calls to the PT_PLAR partition and use the normal CSS on line 1.

This way whenever the manager goes off-hook on line 2, the assistance phone ring so you have meet the requirement for 2 line and 1 speeddial, the manager DN for line 1 and you use the line 2 for both incoming intercom and outgoing assistance intercom Speed dial but in this case PLAR connectiont o assistance phone.

Hope it helps

Regards

Tola.

Re: IPMA and 7940s for managers

I couldn't get all the IPMA feature buttons to work for the manager on the 7940 phone. Is there possible a firmware difference?

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.