Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Silver

IPMA distributed Speed Dial list

Hello.

I am trying to setup a Speed Dial group in IPMA Assistant console, so that whenever assistant installs a console, he/she will automatically have that list. I have found a Sample_SpeedDialGroup_Name etc lines in "maGlobalUI.properties" file, which i can edit so there will be the group i need with the entries i want. The problem is, it only allows one entry.

There is a line:

Sample_SpeedDial_Entry = Test,1234,Test (in name, number,notes format)

But when i create a new line, e.g.:

Sample_SpeedDial_Entry = Test2,2345,Test

the last line overwrites the first one. I cannot find a way of entering multiple entries in sample speed dial group.

Is there any way to do this? Or is there a better way of creating a speed dials that will automatically appear on every assistant console installed?

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: IPMA distributed Speed Dial list

Here are some quick ways to use your speed dial listings (without opening the speed dial menu):

To place a call to a person in your speed dial list, double-click on the person's speed dial listing.

To perform a blind transfer to a person in your speed dial list, drag and drop an active call to the person's speed dial listing.

To add a new speed dial listing, drag and drop a listing from the Directory panel to the Speed Dial panel.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5015/products_user_guide_chapter09186a008012b4a5.html

Silver

Re: IPMA distributed Speed Dial list

No, that's not what i wanted.

I want all of the assistants to have a certain Speed Dial Group when they install the IPMA. The speed dial list is long and there are several speed dial groups, so they don't want to type each one in. What i need is to write those groups into a distributable file which i can install on their machine either remotely or locally.

Views
Helpful
Replies