Cisco Support Community
Community Member

IPMA installation

Couple of quetions,

1. Is there any function difference to install IPMA between Wizard and Manual?

2. To install manually, can I skip the IPMA service parameter(CCM > Service)?

3. IPMA server setting in the IPMA console. what should I put? I only able to put SUB@ which my call processing server and I have a error message "Unable to connect server" when put the PUB@.

Thanks in advance,

Re: IPMA installation

1. The wizard can be setup only once. You may choose either ways to setup IPMA. The only difference is that wizard saves you time.

2. You cannot skip the IPMA sevice paramter. You still will have to set it.

3. Do you ahve IPMA service installed on both boxes ?

To re-run the IPMA wizard...from jason post:

Using SQL Enterprise Manager, open up your CCM03XX database. Go into Tables, and find the table named 'Scratch'. Right-click on it, pick Open Table, and pick Return All Rows. There are a lot of lines in this table. The ones you're looking for have 'IPMA-WIZARD-RUN-STATUS' and 'IPMA-STATUS' in the Name column. Delete these rows. There could be multiple instances of them - there is on my database, but I'm pretty sure that's due to me hacking around. At any rate, be sure you kill all instances of those lines.

This will delete all the information that the IPMA Wizard stores on whether or not it's been run and what it was run with.

When you go to Service|Service Parameters|Cisco IP Manager Assistant. The SUB should be the primary.

If you are getting an error when using PUB but connects using SUB, its completitley normal, since IPMA service will be active only in one server at a time.

Check this part:

"The Cisco IPMA service gets installed on all Cisco CallManager servers in a cluster. When

started, the IPMA service checks to see whether it is one of the IPMA servers that are

configured in the clusterwide service parameter, Primary IPMA Server (Primary) IP Address.

If it is, the IPMA service attempts to become the active Cisco IPMA service. Currently, a

Cisco CallManager cluster supports only one active Cisco IPMA service"

Cisco IPMA provides support for redundancy. To achieve redundancy, you must configure a

second Cisco IPMA service in the same cluster.

[...] IPMA implements redundancy by using an active/standby server model. At any time,

only one IPMA server remains active and servicing all desktop applications and phones. The

other server stays in a standby mode and will detect failures on the active server. When

it detects a failure, the backup server takes over and becomes the active server. All

connections that were active get restored on the new server, and service continues

uninterrupted to the users

//Gonzalo - Cisco

Community Member

Thanks a lot. I'm now clear how works the IPMA.

More question about the manual installation. what's mendatory in the service parameters? I think 1 & 2 in the below is enough. I want to clarify any consideration or missing point.

1.General Parameters

2.Clusterwide Parameters (All servers)

3.Clusterwide Parameters (Softkey Templates)

4.Clusterwide Parameters (IPMA Device)

5.Clusterwide Parameters (Proxy Directory)

CreatePlease to create content