cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPMA Manager Problem

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm having a problem with IPMA. I have configured IPMA in shared line mode and everything seems to be working fine except for manager configuration. If I open the Assistant Console, click Manager -> Configuration, type a divert DN, and click Save, I receive the following error:

"Unable to communicate with the server, please check the connection or try again later."

If I go to http://<CCM IP Address>/ma/desktop/maLogin.jsp, I can login as a manager with no problem. After logging in, the only option is to configure a divert DN. If I type a DN and click Save, I get the following error:

"A system failure was found, please contact your system administrator."

Any ideas?

Brandon

7 Replies 7

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Which CCM version?

It was working fine before?

Make sure that only the correct assistants are linked to the correct managers.

Can you test with other manager other assistant?

DCD or AD integrated?

Try restart IPMA service from here:

https://ccmIp/manager/list

If that doesnt help and config is all good plese Turn on and Upload Trace files from

c:\program files\cisco\trace\MA (only last modified)

c:\program files\cisco\trace\IPMA (only last modified)

c:\program files\cisco\trace\dbl (only last modified)

c:\dcdsrvr\log (only last modified)

Txs

//G

CCM Version - 4.1(3)sr1

This is the initial configuration, so it has never worked.

I tested with another manager/assistant and had the same problem.

AD integrated.

I have restarted the IPMA service several times with no change.

Log files are attached.

Thanks,

Brandon

Hi Brandon

Per the logs:

16: May 09 08:58:38.983 EDT %MA-3-UNK:MADir:UpdateBlobFromDir:MITRADataException: Update Failed: ReasonCode:-3 Description: Directory unavailable: Directory Operation failed

17: May 09 08:58:38.983 EDT %MA-3-UNK:MAData_Interface:Update:Failed,Reason Code:-3 Description: Directory unavailable: Directory Operation failed

18: May 09 08:58:38.983 EDT %MA-3-UNK:Unable to update [Manager:dbarnett]

19: May 09 08:58:38.983 EDT %MA-3-UNK:[User:dbarnett] doMgrUpdate(): Unable to update user data

20: May 09 10:18:09.136 EDT %MA-3-UNK:[RequestThread:192.168.1.248:2793] run() - missed client null

21: May 09 10:54:39.402 EDT %MA-3-UNK:MADir:UpdateBlobFromDir:MITRADataException: Update Failed: ReasonCode:-3 Description: Directory unavailable: Directory Operation failed

22: May 09 10:54:39.402 EDT %MA-3-UNK:MAData_Interface:Update:Failed,Reason Code:-3 Description: Directory unavailable: Directory Operation failed

23: May 09 10:54:39.402 EDT %MA-3-UNK:Unable to update [Manager:bbuffin]

24: May 09 10:54:39.402 EDT %MA-3-UNK:[User:bbuffin] doMgrUpdate(): Unable to update user data

Looks like a problem with AD integration.

This look related to:

CSCsc49668

Externally found moderate defect: Resolved (R)

CiiscoatUserProfile and ciscoatUserProfileString not updated

Could you please obtain sniffer trace from CCM (Use netmon) when you do the changes in console and upload them to confirm?

Are you able to browse Users in GlobalDirectory?

Can you check your LDAPConfig.ini

C:\Program Files\Cisco\MA\LDAPConfig.ini

Thanks.

HTH

//G

I did run into this issue a while back. I was getting an error when I tried to associate a device or change user settings in CCM admin. I was able to use ADSI Edit to fix up the user and was then able to update their record. I'm able to browse the global directory in CCM admin, but cannot in the IPMA Assistant Console. I have attached my LDAPConfig.ini. If nothing here stands out, I'll be glad to get the sniffer trace.

Thanks,

Brandon

Did you see any problem with the ldapConfig.ini?

Thanks,

Brandon

Hi,

It looks good,

Actually we need the sniffer trace.

Txs

The capture is attached. During the capture, I tried to update the divert number throught the manager web administration as well as throught the assistant console.

Thanks,

Brandon