Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IPMA Not Working - Requesting forever !!

Hello Experts

I have a problem

for one of my customers I upgraded call manager from 4.2 to 6.1 using the MDA tools, it is working fine, but the IPMA users i have to add them manually, any way I did that too.

but when I am trying to access the IPMA service through assistant phone, it is giving me " Requesting ... " forever and it is not accessing the service.

my IPMA is Proxy mode. and I made sure from the partitions, CSS, managers and assistant.

I tried also to use a sniffer to see what king of traffic is between the assistant phone and the CM while pressing the IPMA service button, the Phone sends HTTP/XML request, but the call manager is replying with HTTP only, is that making any problem ?

Please I need you feedback in this

Best Regards

3 REPLIES

Re: IPMA Not Working - Requesting forever !!

Hi,

We currently are experiencing the same issue on CUCM 5.1. After a call is placed or lifting and replacing the receiver you get a requesting message. We currently have a TAC case open for this problem and if we get a answer in the near future l will update with our resolution.

If you place a sniffer between the phone and the Pub you will may see the call be placed/receiver going off hook and then a unknown message coming back. This seems to be when the requesting comes from the phone to the Pub/Sub.

If you do get a fix, it would be help full if you could update this post as well?

Best Regards,

James

Hello James

I already opened a case with cisco TAC :)

and when I put the sniffer to monitor traffic between Phone and Pub, andd when I press the IPMA service button, It sends a reques to the call manager for HTTP/XML, but the call manager replies with HTTP only ! maybe this is the problem, any way i will follow up with TAC. and for sure I will update the post when it gets solve, for tiem being any one has an idea abou thtis issue please help us

Regards

Haytham

Hello Haytham,

I found the following URL's on the requesting status on IPMA -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/3_3_2/ccmfeat/fsAppB.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00801829e9.shtml

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&topicID=.ee6c829&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddebad8

The last URL gives you the command to use for stopping Tomcat via SSH or the CLI -

admin:utils service restart Cisco Tomcat

I spoke to the user for the forum l have, and they mentioned it may have been slightly better. Time will tell l guess.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

James

Views
Helpful
Replies