Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPMA Redundancy

Hello,

I have configured IPMA in a CCM cluster running 4.1(3). The primary server is the publisher and the secondary the subscriber. When I downloaded the assistant software

It preconfigured the IP address of the subscriber to access to the service. If I try to log the assistant using the ip address of the primary (publisher) I get an error.

If I try to access the manager config page with the ip address of the primary I get an ‘Internal server error’… Anyway, IPMA is running ok! Also, we unplugged the primary and the IPMA doesn’t worked anymore until we plugged it again.

Any idea what is happening? I’m a little bit worried and I don’t know if open a TAC case…

Thanks in advance,

Ruben

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Green

Re: IPMA Redundancy

Hi Ruben,

Ok, CTI Manager (Primary) IP Address and Cisco IPMA Server are configured to be the Subscriber right?

Cisco IPMA Server Port—Default specifies Port 2912.

You might see if Primary server (Subscriber) has this port open,

netstat -an > ipma.txt

Then do a search for that port.

The Publisher (Secondary) should not be using that port when Subscriber (Primary) is active, it will open it until the failover takes place.

The Cisco IPMA service gets installed on all Cisco CallManager servers in a cluster. When

started, the IPMA service checks to see whether it is one of the IPMA servers that are

configured in the clusterwide service parameter, Primary IPMA Server (Primary) IP Address.

If it is, the IPMA service attempts to become the active Cisco IPMA service. Currently, a

Cisco CallManager cluster supports only one active Cisco IPMA service"

Check this parameter also:

Desktop Heartbeat Interval—Default specifies 30 seconds. This interval timer specifies how long it takes the failover to occur on the assistant desktop

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_1/sys_ad/4_1_3/ccmfeat/fsipma.htm#wp1071923

HTH

Gonzalo

4 REPLIES
Bronze

Hello Mehmet,

a very good link, anyway all is well configured and the application is working well, but some strange behavior with the service and the redundancy is not working. How could I check if all is alright? Maybe a bug? the behaviour I've seen is very strange..

Thanks,

ruben

Green

Hi Ruben,

Ok, CTI Manager (Primary) IP Address and Cisco IPMA Server are configured to be the Subscriber right?

Cisco IPMA Server Port—Default specifies Port 2912.

You might see if Primary server (Subscriber) has this port open,

netstat -an > ipma.txt

Then do a search for that port.

The Publisher (Secondary) should not be using that port when Subscriber (Primary) is active, it will open it until the failover takes place.

The Cisco IPMA service gets installed on all Cisco CallManager servers in a cluster. When

started, the IPMA service checks to see whether it is one of the IPMA servers that are

configured in the clusterwide service parameter, Primary IPMA Server (Primary) IP Address.

If it is, the IPMA service attempts to become the active Cisco IPMA service. Currently, a

Cisco CallManager cluster supports only one active Cisco IPMA service"

Check this parameter also:

Desktop Heartbeat Interval—Default specifies 30 seconds. This interval timer specifies how long it takes the failover to occur on the assistant desktop

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_1/sys_ad/4_1_3/ccmfeat/fsipma.htm#wp1071923

HTH

Gonzalo

Hello Gonzalo,

what you're saying makes sense...

So, for what I have understood, if I try to log the assistant using the ip address of the backup ipma server, it will not succeed because it is not listening on that port: is that correct?

Also, if I try to access to the manager ipma configuration page (https://@IP/ma/desktop/maLogin.jsp) using the backup ipma ip address, it will report "internal server error', is that also correct?

Many thanks,

Ruben

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content