cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPMA

scairns
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to determine when Intercept on IPMA should work and when it should not. I am the manager and a call comes to my prime line, I immediately divert it and it is sent to my Assistants phone. I choose to intercept the call and I am able to do that. But, if I have my calls divert all state, i can see the calls being sent to my assistant, but I cannot intercept them. I would think that I would be able to intercept at any time. Wondering if that is true. Thank you.

7 Replies 7

jbond_c24
Level 1
Level 1

My understanding is that in the Divert All state the call flow changes. Basically it functions like forward no answer and forward all respectively.

When you are actively taking calls the call is offered to your phone and you have the option to divert it to your assistants phone.

But with divert all the call flow behaves like a forward all. Meaning that the call is never offered to your device and is diverted during the call setup.

Will check into it further if I am wrong...

shrenikk
Level 1
Level 1

From what I understood, a manager could only intercept calls that were in the ringing state. Once the call had been the answered by the assistant the manager will not be able to intercept it.

Hope this answers your question,

Shrenik

No, I do not think that answers his question because I have the same situation. It goes like this:

I have my phone set to divert all.

I see a call come in and it is diverted to my assistant as it should be.

I realize the call is from my boss, I hit the intercept button before my assistant picks up the call, and nothing happens the assistant phone keeps ringing and he doesn't answer. I should be able to get that call back by using the intercept button.

What does kinda work (??? not really call work)when I do not use the divert all function- is if I see a call come in, then I do manual immediate divert. My assistants phone rings. My assistant doesn't answer so I can use the intercept key to get it back. This is kinda stupid because I'm at the phone and I saw who was calling so I wouldn't divert it in the first place if I wanted to pick it up.

You are correct you can not intercept a call while your phone is in a divert all state. What you can do is one of two things:

1) While the assistant phoen is ringing turn off divert all and intercept the call then turn divert all back on

2) Turn on inclusive filters which will send all calls not in a filter list to your assistant then if you see a call ringing you can intercept (bypass the filter).

If using option 2 you can enable and disable filtering form the phone and IPMA manager software.

Thanks, that is a work-around. I think turning the filters on/off requires using the services menu on the phone rather than soft keys so it is a bit clumsier than using the soft keys. I hope Cisco improves on this though, my managers need single button solutions for often used functions such as this.

I think you can use the IPMA menu on the phone to turn on and off the filters. Or the assistant can use the GUI to do the same thing.

I think there is another workaround which should work in both situations. Using divert all or filter. To intercept a call I think you can use simply the call pickup function to have a one key solution. You only have to put the managers and the assistants line in the same pickup group. I haven´t tried it by my self but I think it should do.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: