Views
Helpful
Replies

IPMA

anderson-david
Level 3
Level 3

hi,

could someone help me please, i have set up IPMA for a manager and secretary but i am having the following problem

secretary logged into IPMA assistant console(no problem) but when someone calls the manager the managers phone rings and shows as ringing on the IPMA assist console, but does not get sent to the proxy line so the secretary cannot pick up the call.

i followed all the instructions on setting this up but this last little problem is driving me mad

please help

regards

dave

6 Replies 6

8r-schumann
Level 1
Level 1

The manager needs to sends the calls to the assistant for the calls to roll over to the proxy line. That is done either through filters or the divert all button.

thanks but no matter what filters i set or if i set divert all the calls still go through to the manager and not the assistant, i have restarted services etc and still this does not work

anybody?

dave

Check your calls go through CTI route point first, where all the managers are, and then to other partitions. IPMA_RP must be the first in calling search space on any phone.

could you help with the exact config of the route point, because after following ciscos instructions i can't see how a call will ever be routed. ie it will allways pick the managers extension as it is a better match than 2XXX for the route point. also how does the route point associate with IPMA as there is no where to put any of this info as a route point is effectively a DN

any help would be appreciated

dave

You need to make sure that you have a seperate Partition that the IPMA route points sit in and that the DN is no more specific than the translation pattern in your users partition. That will send the calls to the manager and through the IPMA route point.

the DN search is going in order of appearence in CSS you gave to a phone (through defaults or the phone exactly). If in that CSS the partition IPMA is the first, then calls will be routed to managers. But depending on the configuration (filters, diverts) it may be rerouted to the assistant. If the searched DN is not manager's (not 2XXX), then the next partition in CSS will be taken.