Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IPMA

I am setting up IPMA in a lab environment to test. I have it configured so when a call is placed from a phone to the Mgrs extension it rings on the Proxy line on the Assts phone. While the call is ringing on the Assts phone the Watch screen on the Mgrs phone shows the incoming call. What does not seem to work is from the Mgrs phone when I press the Intercept softkey nothing happens. From the Asst Console I can divert the call to the Mgrs phone and then the Mgr can divert it elsewhere. Why is the Intercept softkey not working? Also, I think I should see more softkeys on the Asst phone when the call is coming in, but do not. I get divert, etc after answering the call on the Assts phone. I am using IP Blue softphones to test. Any issues someone knows of that could make this the problem? Just not familiar enough with IPMA to know exactly what to expect.

Thanks!!

Adam

6 REPLIES

Re: IPMA

I think Intercept works only when manager diverts (using ImmDiv and not DivAll) the call to the assistant, and while the assistants phone is still ringing you can press intercept soft key to retrieve the call.

I have found in testing that I can make the intercept key work, but only if I turn Assistant Watch off. This does not make sense. What does Assistant Watch On and Off mean?

Adam

Asst watch on enables the manager to see what call the assistant is on.

What version callmanager is this ?

Tested this on 3.3.3 callmanager. I take my previous comment back. Intercept should work in all cases as long as the call is still in the ringing state on the assistant. (you cannot intercept after asst. has answered the call).

It works when,

a. Manager pushes ImmDiv to send call to Asst and then press Intercept.

b. Manager has DivAll set to send all calls to Asst and then press Intercept

Sankar.

PS: please remember to rate replies!

I am using CCM 3.3 in a lab environment provided by Proctor Labs. I believe I am just running into bugs, as yesterday after I had made my post I could intercept calls with the watch on or off, but then I could not. It went back and forth. I have to assume this is either issues with the version of CCM, or vmware that they are running. I am going to configure it on physical equipment in my office lab to see if there is a difference.

Thanks!!!

Adam

The one I tested has 3.3.3 sr4a. So the SR

s could make a difference.

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content