Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IPPhone Services using Java

Can someone point me in the right direction for building services using Java instead of the ASP examples in the "Developing Cisco IP Phone Services" text? I understand the ActiveX components that are used to retrieve things like the phone IP, and devince name. How can this be done via a servlet? Also, how would one determine the ANI of an incoming call using Java?

That seems to be a missing point in the text........

Thanks...........

5 REPLIES

Re: IPPhone Services using Java

You bring up some good topics in this question. The services themselves can use a combination of java, TAPI, JTAPI, XML, ASP, AXL to accomplish what you wish to accomplish. Dependent upon your needs will dictate what API's you should use. Getting the IP of the phone being used, is somewhat different then finding the IP of a user. The second will not be available until the CCM 4.0 release. ANI can be determined utilizing the JTAPI interface, and parsing the global call id, or using one of the events that return the callingnumber and parsing it. You should look to the Cisco Developer Services website for information on these API's.

I want to know how can i find the IP of a Phone to which the user is currently logged in.

Is it possible to accomplish it by using JTAPI?

Please clarify me.

Thanks

Shyamal

Yes, you can find the IP address to a terminal that a user is logged into. It is not simple, but it can be done.

On receiving a call the application takes the terminal object and gets the ip address of the terminal object in one of 2 ways based upon your CM version. In 3.3 you can use the terminal object to request the IP Address through a call to skinny. For 3.2, from the terminal object you get the hostname, and then use the getdevicelistX API (NEW) to return the IP address. The devicelistX API call is quite new, and should be available to partners soon.

It means that after the user logs in there should be a call placed on the Phone and then it will get the hostname nad then using the API call i can get the IP address.But i want to get the IP address the moment the user logs in and want to know whether it is updated anywhere in the callmanager database.

So by checking that database i can find out the IP address.

Or Programatically it can be achieved.

Please clarify the doubts.

Thanks

shyamal

Did you know how I use Java for access database?

Thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies