cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPT and Policy based Routing

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have 2 site and a data center (CCM and IPCC server) fully meshed Frame-relay network. The PVCs to the data center are 1.0 Mbps CIR and the PVCs between the sites is 320 kbps CIR. The EIGRP routing protocol would redirect the RTP via the data center. In order to force the RTP onto the PVC between site I created the following

route-map CGC permit 11

match ip address 151

set interface Serial0/2/1:0.382

access-list 151 permit ip 10.33.71.0 0.0.0.255 10.31.55.0 0.0.0.255

The subnets are voice subnets for the 2 sites. This route-map is applied to gigethernet voice subinterface.

It seems to be working properly from IP phone to IP phone, however from GW in one site to a phone in another site it goes via the data center.

I am using H.323 GW and it is configured on the voice subinterface.

Any suggestions,or better way of doing this?

Chris

4 Replies 4

Chris,

My first thought is to ask what interface do you have your Bind h323 statement associated with. That would be the address that the voice packets would be tagged with.

Secondly, it was unclear from your description if the GW routers are the same as the FrameRelay router. This could have an affect what the router sees if they are both the same.

The bind interface is the voice subinterface which falls under the ACL (10.31.55.1). The FR router is the H323 router as well.

Interestignly I see that the packets from GW to remote phone are going the right way, however the reverse RTP from remote IP to GW is going via the data center. This does not make sense???

Chris

Chris,

you would have to have all of the routers behaving in the same predictable manor, so while going in one direction you have explicitly told the router how to handle the path, the returning path is determined by the routing tables in the other routers.

So yes, it makes perfect sense.

ppuczko
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You also have to apply local policy, because traffic generated by the router itself doesn't follow PBR on the interface.

So:

confi t

ip local policy route-map PBR,

or something like this - no time to verify now ...

Peter