Views
Helpful
Replies

Is Call Manager 3.3 ready to install?

MARIO PAIVA
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to know if CM 3.3 is a good choice to install, or is better to stay in CM 3.2

Thanks in advance

MP

11 Replies 11

mamoss
Level 3
Level 3

The product bulletin states its not available until 31st December. Even then, like any major release, best to await the bug fix releases.

Hi

Thanks,

It is better to wait, even to know compatibility issues with unity

MP

I believe that cisco is currently running 3.3

I was told that they will need to be running the latest releases before deploying to general public.

This suggests to me that that the release should be stable come 31 december.

This is just my opinion.

I would suggest that anyone that requires the features in 3.3.x deploy them in a lab setting before a general deployment. Features that we have seen are a benifit too our customers but take the time test your data set before general deployment.

roger.....

roger.terhune@dnsinc.net

Plus, from what I hear, an CCM 3.3 upgrade is a complete reload from scratch....OS and CM! Of course, part of the procedure is a MCS.tar restore, but this just sounds a little scarry!

Yikes! That will be an interesting upgrade. However, it would be nice to get a cleaned up server. We started with 3.0(8) and now have 3.2(2a). Plus, it gives you an opportunity to practive your restore procedures :-)

Has anyone heard if CCM 3.3 will be using SQL2000?

After a presentation yesterday...

Callmanager 3.3 is NOT an upgrade but indeed a new install. You first install the new backup software on the old CCM, make a backup with the new software. After that do a new install 3.3 and run a restore.

3.3 uses SQL2000

As far as I know cisco (in the states) is running 3.3 for a couple of months already now.

The last date for release I heard is 22 dec 2002

I'm pretty confident that it will work just fine.

I will be upgrading on Friday December 27, 2002, so I will let you know how it goes.

Have you had problems with OS requirements at the beginning of the CM3.3 installation? I've received the message: The OS doen't meet minimum requirements, and the installation stops.

Thanks.

The error message about not meeting the minimum requirement is caused by the fact that either the installation is not occuring on a Cisco Approved platform or the OS installation is truly not 2000.2.3 or later.

I'm using a MCS7822 with win-OS-Upgrade2000-2-3 and service pack G installed. Which are the testings it performs before starting the installation of CCM3.3?

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: