cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is MCS 78xx series the only solution for CCM? billing?

pkireev
Level 1
Level 1

Or will we in some future have possibility to decide what hardware configuration would be enought in specific client needs (for ex. Compaq 800 series with SCSI RAID controller with SCSI HDD`s and 1Gb DRAM) which is approximately at least 2-3 times cheaper then MCS 7835 (which is not more then Compaq DL 380 as I remember) with closest productivity (or more powerfull platforms/models then MCS 7835 in large installations with redundant configurations) for deploying Cisco Call Manager 3.x, IP IVR/AA and maybe Active Voice/Fax and who knows IPCC solutions?

By the way, have Cisco plans/initiativs (as so as you like to say thmth. like "We have complete network solution ...") in billing? (not only for CCM platform but for all voice equipment such as VoX gateways/gatekeepers based on 3810 / 2200/ 2600 / 3600 / 5300 / 7200 / Cat6k?)

4 Replies 4

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have been researching your post and have found that the Technical Assistance Center is the reason we have such strict server requirements. There are too many hardware variables that can create unexpected anomalies at this point.

A simple billing application (ART) ships with Call Manager. I've been told that it is unlikely Cisco will be developing anything more robust as that is not a primary market we are targeting. There are a number of players in this arena already.

CallManager provides a centralized repository for all CDR records in a system. It provides a single location to extract records for each device. If you have just a single stand-alone IOS gateway, there is an interface available to standard RADIUS server.

Thank you for your post. If any other forum users have comments on these topics, feel free to discuss them amongst yourselves on this thread.

Thanks for answer, I know what is ART looks about and`ve started work with IVR/AA applications, but there is a critical question and the answer is really important for us -

We would like to use CCM with IVR to provide IP telephony services with prepayed calling cards, I understand how to authorize users in system but have CCM ability to disconnect user call if his current budget on prepayed calling card "ended" when he is talking? where I can read about it?

If such feature is not currently avalible will it be included in future releases?

Also as I suppose all visitors would be very satisfyed if you would list major features that Cisco is going to deploy and what release it will be included.

And one more question - current version of CCM is 3.0.7 what number of maximum version will be in 3.0.x series?

(I know that there is such possibility on 5300 but, we use c7206 as voice gateway and have CCM installed on MCS 7835 with 12 7860 phones and about 10 softphones. May be there it is possibly to disconnect user using 7200 IP-plus IOS features?)

PS: Which version of CCM is used in teaching at CIPT training?

Since the IP IVR scripts can interface with ODBC, I believe it would be possible to have a database that includes user information, account balance, etc. and write an IP IVR script that interfaces with it. I don't believe this particular functionality was envisioned with CallManager, as using AS5300/AS5800 with RADIUS server was built specifically to accomplish these tasks and there are already TCL IVR scripts baked up and supported by Cisco.

It has not yet been determined what will be the final 3.0.x version of Cisco CallManager. It will depend almost entirely on how many serious and minor defects are found in current versions until Cisco CallManager 3.1 is released. That will be later this year.

I have the following connection in our company

Machine A ----Cisco7200(gatekeeper)---Cisco AS5300--

|

|

The other AS5300(RAS) connect to 7200(gatekeeper).

If I want machine A provides security and call detail function for prepaid calling card services.

which is a good, right and cost effective solution.

Machine A should include: 1 or 2 or 3.

1. Use callmanager and Media convergence server.

2. Use radius server with Belle, GRIC, prototal, CTI or solect

3. none of the above.

Thanks!

Lawrence

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: