cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IS TCCS soppperted on 3745?

j-lagunas
Level 1
Level 1

I need interconect two SIEMENS PBX using digital interfaces, instelled on the voice router 3745, to transport the Siemens protocol propietary. So the question here is, Can the 3745 support TCCS on digital interfaces??

6 Replies 6

thusain
Level 4
Level 4

Yes the 3745 can do TCCS. Please take a look at the following for more details :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800a96c1.shtml

Regards,

Taimoor

Has anyone listening actually seen this happen? Specifically I've got a Hicom 300 talking to a Hicom 150 (were formerly connected via Pathbuilders). Using 3745 w/ NM-HDV-2T1-48 on 12.3(7)T. I've been through every configuration permutation I can come up with, and nothing I do gets the "D channel" (time slot 24) to come up. I one-time got calls to pass, but otherwise the PBX is just stupid, not recognizing anything but a clean physical T-1 (but no "D-channel" or "B-channels").

Thanks!

Mike

fvedfvcv

Hi,

i have actually implemented this successfully.You can reach me if you need any help on it.

Thanks! After 3 days of fighting with it, it looks to have been an IOS bug (Arrrrgghh!!!). Still trying to work through some QOS and CODEC idiosyncracies so we don't just nuke a whole T-1 when the B-channels come up, but it's pretty much working now.

Thought this was working stable, but the PBX guy is seeing "upslip" errors on his span. Haven't had a chance to sit back in front of the router yet, but I'm currently using G.711 with VAD on the B-channels. Seemed to work OK, but I didn't want to introduce compression into the mix. I guess my question would be which is worse in this case -- VAD or compression, and did you run into similar kinds of errors before getting it working?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: