Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Is the "You have VoiceMail" text on the phones configurable?

Hello.

I just did an implementation for a customer with a third party Unified Messaging system. This UM system can't distinguish between a new email message and voicemail message for MWI purposes. Anytime the user gets a new email or vmail, it lights the light and says 'You have Voicemail'. This is causing confusion because it isn't always new VMail...

Is there anyway to reconfigure the system and change the text to 'You have Mail'?

Thanks!

Vance

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Is the "You have VoiceMail" text on the phones configurable?

I don't know of any way to change the text for you have a vmail at this time. I am not sure what you can do to get around this. It sounds like you may want to check with the company for the UM. With unity we only turn on the light when it is a vmail not a regular mail message. So it seems the problem would be that the UM is telling us to turn on the light.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Re: Is the "You have VoiceMail" text on the phones configurable?

Thanks...that's what I figured. I agree with you on the UM MWI thing. The company is working on getting the distinction between messages for MWI purposes, but they don't have it just yet.

FWIW, the UM system is Centrinity FirstClass. I'm a hard core Exchange guy, but I have to admit, this system is quite impressive. Has a few stupid little quirks, but the system is incredibly powerful. The tech support has been top notch as well. The engineer they sent out to help with the integration was awesome...really new his stuff.

Anyway, thanks again for your help as always!

Vance

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content