cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a way to monitor service using CM?

sbshah
Level 1
Level 1

I am using CM version 4.1(3)sr1.I wanted to know if there is an option to monitor services using CM. Lets say Some service failed, Can I configure this to send me a mail in outlook mailbox.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Go to Service -> Service Parameters in CCM admin.

Brandon

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, you can use the Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT) for this. Please see the link below for explanation and configuration steps.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803fe70f.html

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Thanks,

Brandon

Thanks for your reply.

I downloaded RTMT from CM but it gets stuccked when I try to log in.

And I colud not find out Service Parameter Configuration Window.( there is a Fig when i clicked the link u gave.)

Can you tell me where it should be?

Thanks.

Go to Service -> Service Parameters in CCM admin.

Brandon

Hi,

I still can not configure the values specified in the example. I have attached values that I have.

And I am not able to log in to Remote monitoring, it gets stuck.

Thanks.

After going to Service -> Service Parameters, choose your server and Cisco RIS Data Collector as the service. There you will see the parameters shown in the link.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thanks for your help.

One last question, Is there an option of emailing to admin if service fails?

Thanks once again.

Yes. Once you log in to RTMT, click Alert -> Alert Central. One of the alerts will be CriticalServiceDown. Click Alert -> Config Email Server and enter your mail server name and port. Click Alert -> Config Alert Action. You can either add an action or click Edit to edit the Default action. Adding actins would allow different people to get notifications about different problems. After you click Add or Edit, you can add email recipients to that action. On the Alert Central page, make sure that your desired alerts are enabled and set to the proper action.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: