Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Is there a way to pause/resume, fast-forward a call handler greeting?

Hello -

I am in the process of designing an auto attendant for a customer. Their current system utilizes a number of Octel voicemail boxes for reporting the results of bid responses to customers. I have one of the call handlers for this purpose functioning using one-key dialing for routing to other call handlers that group the bid results into items. But the customer's current application allows the caller to pause/resume the message, as well as move backward and forward. Is there a way to simulate these conversation keystrokes for a call handler?

Sincerely, Ginger

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Is there a way to pause/resume, fast-forward a call handler

No... you can skip through a greeting using the Skip command or, of course, start the greeting over but you can't speed it up or jump through chunks of the pre recorded greeting. Those types of features are only available in the message playback subscriber conversation.

Thanks so much for the quick reply - this forum's moderators rock! I figured as much, but wanted to check with the experts just in case. :-)

Ginger

Community Member

My issue is regarding same thing but different flavour..

Can We pause the caller from pressing some key (like ZERO for operator). Caller do not listen the recording and our admin. is complaining getting too many unnecesssary calls. I can not make caller wait for whole minute of recording for few seconds until they hear important messgages

Cisco Employee

yes... you can mark all keys as "ignore" and "lock" them - this means Unity will not stop the greeting at all until it's over - you can then send the call to another call handler that lets them enter an option such as 0 to go to the operator. You can check out the "audiotext applications in Unity" doc on the Documents page of www.CiscoUnityTools.com for more detail on how this works.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content