Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

is there any way to bypass "Call Forward All"

Does any one know of a way of byassing call forward all. i.e. if a manager has his/her phone diverted to a P.A. is there anyway the P.A. can transfer the call back to the manager ?

we have a workaround by using a second number/line on the managers phone, but it is less than ideal

Thanks

2 REPLIES

Re: is there any way to bypass "Call Forward All"

We have a lot of customers which want that feature and we talked with Cisco about it.

I guess/hope this will be integrated in a future release.

Here's another workaround if you don't want to give the manager a second line (ahh, the issues with a second line!) provided you don't have too many managers wanting that:

Idea:

"Call forwards" are not executed if line is called through a pilotpoint/huntgroup.

- Create a pilotpoint/huntlist/linegroup just for this manager (only containing his line).

It's useful to take a virtual number, e.g. *77 - something with a melody and logic - it's much easier to maintain..

- Create a speeddial on the assistant phone with this number and some useful text (so she does not have to learn the virtual number)

The nice thing: with CSS/partitions you can even manage which persons can call this numbers.

The bad thing: does not really scale, you have an awful lot to configure.

..But maybe that makes your people happy - and that's what counts in the end. :-)

Good luck,

Martin

Re: is there any way to bypass "Call Forward All"

Thanks for the answer Martin. We will have play with it, but I think you are right about scalability and work involved to configure it. Of course this function wasn't asked for inthe tender, as it existed on our Ericsson PABX and was overlooked as we just assumed it was avaialble.

Cheers

Views
Helpful
Replies