cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there any way to export info (like the description column) from call mng

carpentb
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to find a way to export the description field from the call manager to an excel spreadsheet so I can print a user directory. Is this possible? Does anyone know what file the call manager stores this info in, in the database? Thanks!!

9 Replies 9

tim.medley
Level 2
Level 2

You can save a route plan report as a csv. Go to Route Plan > Route Plan Report and click on View in File. You can then save to disk and open the .csv in excel and massage the data to your liking.

Tim Medley - CCNP+Voice, CCDP, CWNA

Sr. Network Architect

VoIP Group

iReadyWorld

rickb
Level 3
Level 3

It stores it in SQL, but I don't what table or how to write the query. If you figure it out, could you post it, it's something I've wondered about as well.

mgardiner
Level 1
Level 1

If you want the extension, first name and last name these are stored in the DC Directory and I have used a simple VB script to extract this to a CSV file that you can open in Excel.

Hi,

Could u pls mail me the script. I was searching for this utility from a long time. My id is vijs@cisco.com. Thanks....

Regards

Vijay

Could you please e-mail me a copy of the VB script. Thank you!

voip@ipaq2.com

you can also use the c:> show tech >test.txt (to a file) or c:> show tech to export this info to the screen

Thanks so much for your response. Can you email me the script to extract this info? You can email me directly at amber_barker@bellsouth.net.

Thanks again!!

Hi I would like the script your created also, if you wouldn't mind.

Thank You

adachris
Level 1
Level 1

If you want to pull this information directly from the Call Manager there are three table you need to look at in the database. The first table in called "numplan" and it will hold all dialable numbers including extension and route patterns. The second is the "device" table. this holds all the device information including the device description. The third table in "devicenumplanmap" and it maps the extension to the phone. You can right a query like the following the pull the information for only the phones:

SELECT device.description, numplan.dnorpattern FROM device, numplan, devicenumplanmap WHERE numplan.pkid = devicenumplanmap.fkdevice AND numplan.pkid = devicenumplanmap.fknumplan AND device.name LIKE "SEP%"