Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Is this a bug in Translation Pattern Processing?

Using CM 3.3(2)c

Built a translation pattern of "" (null) in the autoreg partition to PLAR any autoregistered phones to the clients help desk DN. An existing translation pattern in the production campus partition already exists to translate from a legacy DN to the new DN of the help desk.

After setting up the CSS/Partition/Translation pattern for the autoreg phones, it worked as advertised. However, the existing translation pattern stopped working. Both translation patterns have the same CSS, and transform mask, but exist in different partitions.

When I updated (without changing) the pre-existing translation pattern, both translation patterns began to work. Not sure why I had to reset (update) the exisitng translation pattern when it was not changed. The only common point between the new and old translation patterns is the CSS and Called Party Transform Mask.

Anyone know why? TIA

1 REPLY

Re: Is this a bug in Translation Pattern Processing?

We have experienced virtually the same thing (CM 3.3(2)es?). Our issues have been on a 6624 blade, but the strange behavior (an update w/ no change to a translation) is the same way I resolved the problem! We are doing 3 different PLARs on this blade, and as I would update one, the others would quit working. I finally forced a partition change on one set of phones for a PLAR and everything appears to be working for now. One other neat "feature" of this bug/problem, is that the translations will work fine, then one will spontaneously stop working, and/or the problem will migrate to another PLAR and translation on that blade. I suspect you are correct -- this is actually a bug with the translation patterns. (P.S. this 6624 and 3 PLARs has been setup since June 2001 and has survived all sorts of CM updates until this 3.3(2) release)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content