cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN feature matrix

platkeet
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone in the forum seen a matrix or master list of Voice Gateway cards and/or platforms that support specific ISDN features on a carrier-by-carrier basis?

I've recently had to respond to an RFP where the customer was looking for this sort of list, and I haven't been able to find it anywhere on CCO.

As an example, let's say I wanted to connect an AT&T ISDN-PRI circuit that supported cbc service (which is typically set up as SDN on an Avaya ECS). DNIS, ANI and ani-ii digits would be provided. The far-end switch type would normally be configured as a 5ESS.

I've seen cases pre-CM 3.1 where the ani-ii digits would cause the CM to "lock," if used in conjunction with a DTE-24 gateway. Using an AS5300 solved the problem until CM 3.1 was released.

I'm sure that this isn't the only case where a protocol problem creates an issue with a combination of one type of VG and a specific release of CM...but I can't find a good resource for this sort of "concordance" information.

As another example, I've seen places in the CCO website where it is implied that ISDN-PRI support is only offered on a VG200, as opposed to, say, a Cisco 6000 with one of those WS-6608 cards.

Is there such a concordance or resource out there?

1 Reply 1

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

No such matrix exists. I’ve looked everywhere on Cisco. Your Sales rep might be able to get you something.