Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ISDN L2 not coming up between CISCO 2620 and TENOVIS Integral

We want to use a VIC-2BRI-NT/TE interface in a Cisco 2620 router for PSTN-Breakout via a TENOVIS Integral PBX. The configured switch-type is basic-net3 (user-side). The problem we are dealing with is that the isdn layer 2 is not coming up, because the router's SABME-requests are not answered. Can anyone help?

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: ISDN L2 not coming up between CISCO 2620 and TENOVIS Integra

So are you saying that looking at the debug isdn q921. The router is sending out sabme but not getting a response from the pbx. It almost sounds like a user/network mismatch. Like both sides are set for user.

Hope this helps,

-Mckee

The PXB administrator assured me that has configured his interfaces as "network side" (outside line). :-(

moreover I have the same effekt configuring "isdn protocol-emulate network" on the BRI-interfaces.

j.lehmann

Bronze

Correct me if I am wrong, but if the PBX is set for network, shouldn't you set the BRI-interface to user?

Hi, the BRI interface is indeed set to user, but since the PBX adiminstrator doesn't know the terms "network side" and "user side" but only "outside line" and "non-outside line" I tried the network side config temporarely on the BRI interface -> no success

I reckon the problem you have is the cable. The Cisco boxes do not swap the pairs around for network and user side so regardless of the setting they always present tx and rx the same way.

Try making a cable with the blue and green pairs swapped over (blues for greens) I'm talking about standard patch cords. if you want to use your own colour scheme then it 3-4 4-3 5-6 6-5, this should work.

Paul

Views
Helpful
Replies