Views
Helpful
Replies

isdn protocol-emulate network removed after reboot

pwenger
Level 3
Level 3

Hi guys

I'm running a 2851 MGCP Gateway with 4 BRI to a FAX Server. For this I configured the isdn protocol-emulate network command on the BRI Interfaces. Altough I saved the configuration, the commands are not there anymore after a reboot and so the connections to the FAX Server are broken when the Router comes back up. Had someone made the same experience. Any idea why this happens. Is it be a bug?

Regards

Peter

5 Replies 5

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here's a possible cause, Peter.

If the configuration of the endpoint within the call agent is set to user side, a reload of the router would cause it to use what is configured on the call agent.

Check the configuration of the gateway within CallManager and ensure that it is also configured to emulate the network and not the user side.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael.

Michael

I'm running CUCM 6.1(2) and for "Layer 1 Protocol Side" I have choosen network.

Within the Interface Information there is a field called Protocol Side and there I have not the possibility to choose network.

Regards

Peter

Peter,

Looking into this further, apparently the reason for the issue is that CallManager does not support network-side BRI MGCP interfaces. Only user-side. This is still the case for CUCM 7.0(1). Here's the data sheet for the latest CUCM version, where you'll find this statement:

* MGCP BRI support (ETSI BRI basic-net3 user-side only)

http://cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps556/data_sheet_c78-485333.html

So my next question is whether the faxes work for you before the router is reloaded. Do they?

Since the gateway is reconfiguring itself per CallManager's instruction after reload, you could configure it to not do so by removing these two commands if you have them:

ccm-manager config server x.x.x.x

ccm-manager config

The gateway's configuration should subsequently persist through the reload.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael.

Hi Michael

The connection between the Faxserver and the Vociegateway works perfect.

Hm, when I remove these commands and make changes on the CUCM related to the gateway, it will not be applied. So if I know, that it is not a bug and know why the connection isn't come back up after a reload I rather leave it how it is.

Thank you for your replies

Peter

I agree with your thoughts there, Peter. Now that cause is known, it shouldn't be a problem.

You're welcome, and thanks for the opportunity to assist.

Regards,

Michael.