Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ISDN Service msg problem

I have CCM connected to a Nortel Option 81c via 3640 router, NM-HDV, T1/PRI card. Protocol on CCM is DMS-100, on 81c is SL-100. Every four minutes the CCM sends a service message, if I do debug isdn q931 this is what I see:

ISDN Se0/0:23: TX -> SERVICE pd = 3 callref = 0x0000

Change Status i = 0xC0 - in-service

Channel ID i = 0xE9808382

I am not sure why this is happening, all the channels are in service at both ends of the PRI.

The problem is, when the PBX sees this come across the PRI, it generates a bug message BUG1369 Loop # out of range BCH_TO_TN.

Has anyone seen this problem? I have opened two TAC cases on this but no success.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: ISDN Service msg problem

What version of call manager is this? Is this an MGCP GW? It sounds like you are hitting CSCdv86713, this can be found in the bug toolkit:

http://www.cisco.com/support/bugtools/Hope this helps,

Chester

I'm running 3.1(2c), yes it is an MGCP gateway.

I know about that particular bug. I have gotten a patch (es30a) from TAC to put on my CCM server, which I will be doing this Wednesday.

I thought perhaps someone on this forum had experienced the problem on their CCM and might have insight. I'll post the results of implementing the patch.

I installed es30a this morning, so far no errant service messages for over 6 hours. I'm reluctant to call it "fixed" until at least 24 hours without messages, but it looks promising.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content