Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
N/A

Issue Installing Agent/Supervisor Desktop

I have successfully installed Agent/Supervisor desktop on an XP os machine and on a 2000sp3 os machine. I am trying to load it on on of our Call Center supervisors PC but I am getting an error during install.

"err:3, GetNamedSecurityInfo() failed

Unable to grant user permissions to the file or directory: "C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\log\bin\hospot"

I have never seen this error before on any install I have done. Eventhough it gave this error the install completed but when I try to launch Agent Desktop and Supervisor Desktp I get other erros. So, I uninstalled them in the correct manner and even uninstalled the Java Applet that came with it and re-installed everything again. GOT THE SAME THING. I do have a drive mapped to my CRA server. I uninstalled it all from a pc that was working fine to make sure my software on my CRA server was still good and I did a re-install. It ran beautifully. I am so at a loss right now. Has anyone ran into this before? HELP!!

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Issue Installing Agent/Supervisor Desktop

Hi,

The existence of JRE on the system prior to install causes this issue. Here are the steps to manually remove agent desktop from the system.

The first thing that you need to do is verify that JRE/Java is there. If so, you have to remove it from the system completely via add/remove programs in the Control Panel.

Then follow these steps to remove the already installed Agent Desktop.

Remove the following directories:

C:\Program Files\Cisco

C:\Program Files\Spanlink

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Cisco

Remove with regedit:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Spanlink

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Deskt op Agent

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Deskt op Base

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Deskt op Supervisor

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{536A

8CD0-F07E-11D4-849F-001031A6A35}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{3F2E

EAA1-1F49-11D4-8770-0105AA752A8}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{3E2F

65E8-7773-11D4-8466-001031C0C0B}

Reboot the system and then attempt the Agent Desktop installation again

Regards

Venkat

Anonymous
N/A

Re: Issue Installing Agent/Supervisor Desktop