Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Issues with fax on VG248

Our client is experiencing problem with faxes on VG248 from the day one. The faxes recieved are not always complete, there are comm error report on the fax machines.Has anyone experiened similar problem with faxes on VG248. VG248 is configured for fax relay enabled and call manger version is 3.3.2 Whats the best way of configuring VG248.

3 REPLIES

Re: Issues with fax on VG248

We aslo have battled the fax machines with the VG248. We have disabled fax relay and played with the output gain and input gain of each individual port that a fax machine is attached to. I have found that using -5 for the input gain and -4 for the output gain seems to work the best. I have also set fax relay ECM to disabled and Fax relay NSF to Override with 000000.

Currently running 7 different fax machines through a 248. Be sure your firmware is of current release - 1.2(1).

Setting's currently being used:

Call Control = Standard

Intput Gain = 0

Output Gain = 0

Digit Detection = Default: Use DSP

Fax Relay = Disabled

Passthrough mode = Default: Automatic

Good Luck!!

If your calls are coming in through T1/PRI gateway, verify there are no slips or errors there. I had same issues and problem was clock source on T1 circuit was not set to "network". Slip was introduced and caused faxes to work intermittantly.

Views
Helpful
Replies