Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Iteroperability issues with Clarent GK and CISCO ATA 186

Hello:

I have a Clarent network integrated with Cisco Gatekeeper and Cisco Gateways AS5300, 3620 and also 1750s. They all work fine. When I try to incorporate ATA 186 terminal to my network it does not work.

The issue is that H.323 signalling is done properly for the call initiation (I make a call from the ATA and it rings on the other side of the Clarent network) , but there is no ringback or audio once the phone is picked up.

The only meaningful error message is in the Clarent Gatekeeper: "TelCal not answered, unknown peer coded", but everything is configured for G.723 High and Low, and other cisco gateways work fine. Has anyone done something like this ?

Regards, Jorge Alayon

Note: both registering the ATA to clarent GK directly and to Cisco GK has been tested with the same result.

4 REPLIES

Re: Iteroperability issues with Clarent GK and CISCO ATA 186

I worked on an issue similar to this one a while ago, and i think it had somethign to do with the FastStart element, along with the Progress message and the value of the PI element.

If this is still an issue for you and you are still open to investigating, let's talk/chat (epatasse@nextone.com or eyabanep@yahoo.com) and maybe some traces might help me tell you what is wrong.

Regards,

E.

Thank you for your help. I thought so at first and changed the value of CONNECT MODE register to 0x00060001 for fast start. But it was not the problem.

I just solved it today, a few hours ago, by comparing my configuration with the one of a friend who had it working on a non Cisco network but also not Clarent.

The issue was with the CONNECT MODE bitmap configuration register, "offset to payload 96" value. It defaults to 0x00060000 and it works when it is configured as 0x00060400.

I´m still trying to figure out what does the "offsef to payload 96" has to do in this case, and why the proper value is 4. Any light on this issue will be appreciated

Regards,

JAlayon

Hi..I have been working for some time with Clarent Gatekeeper and Cisco's ATA 186. They are working fine, but in some destinations we don't have ring back .(I cant help you with that because I am still with the problem).But with the audio problem you are having I solved it working with the codec. I am using G.723 High in my gateways. You should Set in your Gk .lpd file the codec priority at the Net conect Director. And in the Clarent gateways where you would like to terminate the cisco calls , go to the registry keeys and disable the key "Datapump Silence Compression For RTP Packet Enable"

That should work.....

If don't contact me to gviera@directo.com.uy and we could shre some configurations.

Regards,

Hello,

The Codec Issue I had it right from the beginning because is the same problem I had when setting other Cisco Gateways, so it is solved. Also the Registry key you mentioned was taken into account. Please see my reply to the previous message for the solution to my problem (so far). Thank you for your response.

Regards,

Jalayon.

Views
Helpful
Replies