cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ITS and dial-peers

cory-gray
Level 1
Level 1

With dial-peers you can use a matched pattern to forward digits to a certain port or ip address. With ITS, I want to used the matched pots dial-peer to forward the call to my first extension in my huntgroup. I see no way to do this does anyone know how? To make this situation precise here is my situation. A caller from the outside world dials 757-XXX-XXXX. This call is routed through the PSTN to my FXO port on my ITS router. I want the router to recognize the pattern (already accomplished) them forward the call to extension 3000 which is configured in ITS. The only way I see it can be done now is through the command "connection plar 3000" on the FXO port which is dedicated for that one phone number. Is it possible to translate the dialed number to the primary extension for my site?

2 Replies 2

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

I am not very sure of this but I guess, this can be done using the "translate" command with the rule defined with the name-tag. For more details please refer to:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_command_summary_chapter09186a008008749a.html#1204902

I think using the PLAR is the only way to do this because you are using FXO ports there is no DID information,( unless you are using the new DID cards in your router) so there is no called number information sent with the call, so using "connection plar" is really the only option.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: